How long before Kharma being knocked up turns into a “who’s the daddy” angle…
Archive for May, 2011
The return of AJ, a meaner Khali, Daniel Bryan is awesome and more!
Tonight is more of a read along, kind a companion piece while you watch the show. Why? Because I not watching this on my own, fuck that!
Truth furthers his heel turn, Bret returns to RAW, Macho Man gets honored and…. Kharma bitches out?!?!
Join here at FighterHayabusa.com for live updates to WWE’s Over the Limit Pay Per View!
Nice tribute to Macho Man Randy Savage at the beginning of the broadcast.
R-Truth pins Rey Mysterio
Truth comes out to NO music whatsoever.
Truth cuts a promo on Seattle, Rey, Little Jimmy and toy masks. Lovely.
Rey with a sick rana off the apron.
Truth hits the mic check after working over Rey on the outside.
Great Puma: Great match. Very gritty and both men made each other look solid. Glad Truth is on the up and up.
Mascara De Fuego: Good opener I think they finally showed that they mean business with Truth. I think this got him over in a big way.
The Miz cuts a promo in the back. He’s going to make Cena quit. He’s going to prove the naysayers wrong.
United States Title Match
Ezekial Jackson defeats Wade Barrett via DQ
Ezekial clamps on the Torture Rack and out comes the Corre.
Great Puma: Decent match with a predictable ending. Ezekial looked strong.
Mascara De Fuego: I was bored but I guess they got over Jackson as a power house. I don’t like the multiple body slams from Jackson as a “signature move”.
Hilarious backstage segment with CM Punk,
Batista Mason Ryan and the New Nexus.
Otunga and McGillicutty are layed out via Kane and Big Show and Punk tells them to “walk it off.”
Sin Cara pins Chavo Guerrero
Sin Cara pulls off a flying headscissors out of nowhere to catch Chavo.
Mascara De Fuego: I don’t know felt slow and sloppy like they didn’t go over this shit before the match. I don’t think this match got off the ground. Too bad.
Great Puma: Not a good match from a ring work standpoint. Lot’s of sloppy offense that Chavo tried his best to embellish.
Christian and Randy Orton have an interview together backstage.
- Christian says he’s not bitter and he’s going to win his title back.
- Orton gives Christian respect but he’s going to beat Christian again.
Alberto Del Rio comes out to the ring.
- He talks about sneaky Canadiens crossing the border, coffee houses and his destiny.
- He says he could make Cena and the Miz quit with his Cross Arm Breaker.
Big Show & Kane come out.
Kane says he’s disappointed that the rapture didn’t come yesterday. Awesome!
They intimidate ADR out of the ring.
Big Show & Kane defeat The New Nexus (CM Punk & Mason Ryan)
- Punk is taking a beating but manages to do a little homage to the Macho Man.
- Double Chokeslam on Ryan for the win.
Great Puma: Okay match. Ryan dominated during his time in the ring while Punk barely survived when he was tagged in. I wished they pulled the trigger on turning Ryan against the New Nexus.
Mascara De Fuego: Take CM Punk out of this match and it would have been a horrible match. Punk says what he can in this one. Good Macho Man tribute by Punk.
They air a horrible commercial hyping their next pay per view, Capital Punishment. Ugggh. I smell a few new writers in the back.
Brie Bella pins Kelly Kelly
The Bellas pull off the old switcharoo again as Nikki hits the Acid Drop on Kelly Kelly.
Great Puma: Really disappointed there was no Kharma tonight.
Masacara De Fuego: Yeah, this shit was too long and didn’t go how we thought it was… whatever. Twin magic, facebuster, pin.
World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton pins Christian
- Great back and forth match. The crowd finally came alive and supplied dueling chants throughout the match.
- Orton does Colt Cabana’s Billy Goat’s Curse that Christian managed to get out of!
- The counters in this match are unreal. I am loving this match. This match is making this pay per view.
- Orton hits an RKO for the win after Christian wiggled out of a belly to back suplex.
Great Puma: Too many great things to mention about this match. Certainly match of the night. Wish they gave it to Christian since the match was so epic.
Mascara De Fuego: The match that saved the pay per view, woke up this crowd and finally didn’t make me regret ordering this shit. Great back and forth match, these dudes had great chemistry and put on a really solid showing.
Kiss My Foot Match
Jerry The King Lawler pins Michael Cole
Cole comes out and says he can’t wrestle due to injury. The ref rips up Cole’s doctor’s note and the match begins.
Second Rope Fist Drop and it’s over.
Lawler invites Eve and Jim Ross to the ring. Eve kills Cole with a moonsault and Jim Ross dumps BBQ Sauce in Cole’s mouth. Very nice payoff.
The Best there Ever Will Be, Bret Hart comes out and backs Cole into the ring to kiss Jerry Lawler’s foot. Bret puts on the Sharpshooter!
Great Puma: Let’s hope that’s the last we see of Michael Cole. Good payoff with Eve, Jim Ross and Bret Hart getting their revenge.
Mascara De Fuego: Finally the payoff they should have done months ago! Lawler squashes Cole then humiliates him. Too bad this wont take Cole off TV for a while like it should.
I Quit Match
The Miz vs. John Cena
They try to do the Mankind finish with Alex Riley’s phone but the ref reverses the decision.
The ref restarts the match, Cena hulks up and makes the Miz say “I quit” after few belts to the back. Boo.
Great Puma: If it wasn’t for Christian vs. Orton, this PPV would have been a total turd. Superman Cena wins again.
Mascara De Fuego: A snuff match for S&M is all this was. That’s all I have to say about that.
That’s it for tonight, folks. Stay tuned for MDF’s Over the Limit review. No podcast tonight – we’re never inspired by pay per views with only one great match. Have a great week and thanks for visiting.
I Quit Match
WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Miz
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Cena. Superman will make an against all odds comeback and never say I quit cause he’s not a quitter. They’ll make us think Miz has something up his sleeve but it wont work and it will be a stupid match. Can you tell I am excited to see this shit.
Great Puma Prediction: Cena wins by STF or some ridiculous and contrived finish involving a chair, handcuffs and Junior Mints…don’t ask. However, Miz will definitely kick out of an AA just to let you all know that the ‘E is still behind him, while he’s behind your personal savior and all around good guy, The Wack Emcee.
World Champion Randy Orton vs. Christian
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Orton. They’ve shit on Christian once what makes you think they won’t do it again. Watch for the newest member of the WWE Superstars internet show to be Christian after this bullshit. At least it should be a good match.
Great Puma Prediction: This should be a dope match. My inner-mark…wait, my inner child that’s still a fan for all things pure really wants Christian to win this thing. Are they going to milk this storyline for more than a few pay per views and finally let Christian win the title in the final blow off match? My magic 8-ball says “C’mon, son!”
Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Jackson. Yeah, they’ll put the title on Jackson instead of building up Barrett as a worthy and credible champion. Wont be a good match.
Great Puma Prediction: Ezekial. If I say that they’re giving Ezekial the Bobby Lashley title treatment am I being (read with echo here) racist – racist – racist – racist? Ezekial is the perfect mold for the WWE champ scene. Count on it.
WWE Tag Team Champions Big Show & Kane vs. Mason Ryan & CM Punk
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Show & Kane. They’ll most likely turn Ryan against Punk in the match which will cost them the match. yay….
Great Puma Prediction: Winner? The Big Red Ma-Show. Punk will make this match and Ryan is going to break this match. Mason Ryan is as green as Mascara De Fuego’s favorite seasoning. And you do know what I mean by seasoning, brotherrrrrr.
Kiss My Foot/Hall of Fame Ring Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: I really don’t care. This feud should have ended at WrestleMania and I honestly do not care how it ends good or bad.
Great Puma Prediction: If TOOL isn’t accidentally injured here, this match will be considered a failure. Nah, I jest. Wishing legit injury on a person ain’t cool, kids. That being said, this whole feud is meaningless if TOOL does not get beat down and walks away with a loss. This has to end tonight.
Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Sin Cara. This feud should have been Cara vs. Bryan. Chavo should have been the in the matches building up to this match at the ppv not the other way around. It will be an ok match just used to showcase Cara.
Great Puma Prediction: Sin Cara. Am I the only one not feeling Sin Cara anymore? I hope this is just a slow beginning to Sin Cara’s eventual rise to super stardom. But when you think about it, Alberto Del Rio got to feud with Rey at the start of his WWE tenure, while Sin Cara gets to feud with Chavo. While I love Chavo, he’s not Rey Mysterio and he’s got more the Superstars television time than Zack Ryder. You know it, bro.
R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Truth. I have high hopes for this match and I hope it delivers. They’ve been doing a unique job of putting over Truth as a heel. He is definitely different and that’s great but I do hope that because this is different they don’t fuck it up.
Great Puma Prediction: Truth. Rey loves putting his boyz over so I expect this match to be no different in quality than the excellent Rey vs. Cody matches.
Diva’s Champion Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly
Mascara De Fuego Prediction: Kelly. It will be a super short match and my magic 8 ball is telling me Kharma costs Brie the Diva’s title basically giving it to Kelly so that Kharma can kill her at a later date.
Great Puma Prediction: Kelly Kelly. I think Mascara De Fuego means “eat her at a later date.” Yes, I expect another Kharma sighting here and I’m psyched about it.
Corpus Christi, TX
Christian pins Sheamus
- They did a split screen with Sheamus cutting a promo while he walked to the ring. They need to do that more often.
- Sheamus pushes Christian off the top to the apron and then crashing to the outside. Tough bump.
- Christian counters the High Cross and then hits Sheamus with a Flying Eurocut.
- Sheamus with a Uranage backbreaker for a close two.
- Christian wiggles out of another High Cross attempt and rolls Sheamus up with a Small Package for the win.
- Mark Henry comes out and he joins Sheamus in a beatdown.
- Orton slowly walks out and observes from the stage. He then runs down and cleans house.
~ Not sure why they’re still protecting Sheamus and not willing to give Christian a dominating win. This points to him not beating Orton on the PPV.
CUT TO THE BACK
Bella Twins interview.
- The ladies discuss Kharma’s beatdown on Nikki last week and getting back on the same page.
~ They really don’t have to open their mouths to get over.
Brie Bella pins Natalya
- Nice kip up by Natalya from a headscissors.
- Dope discus clothesline by Natalya.
- Acid Drop by Brie and it’s over.
~ Natalya wrestled circles around Brie here. Hopefully, she and Kharma will have a feud down the road. That’s a Diva’s match I want to see. Decent match thanks to Natalya.
Ezekial is in the ring with a mic.
- Ezekial says that the Corre needed him more than he needed them.
- He says he can’t be broken and the Corre have unleashed a force within.
- The Corre will suffer. He says Wade Barrett will the first to suffer and lose his title.
~ Old school promo by big Z. It wasn’t the greatest but it wasn’t bad either.
The Corre come out and surround the ring.
Teddy Long tells the Corre to chill.
He makes a six man tag match.
Big Show and Kane & Ezekial defeat The Corre (Barrett, Slater & Gabriel)
- Show destroys Gabriel early.
- Big Z and Wade eventually face off.
- Z shoulder tackles Wade to the outside.
- The faces control the match with quick tags.
- Wade and Kane blast each other with dual big boots to each others’ domes.
- Ezekial slams Gabriel about six times and then kills him with a Torture Rack!!
~ Wow. This was a nice way to reintroduce Ezekial. He made a normal body slam look devastating and he brought back the deadly Torture Rack! Nice match that went longer than expected. It was surprisingly competitive and the Corre didn’t look like the pansies they’ve been booked to be in the last few months.
CUT TO THE BACK
- Christian talks about how Orton took his time to help him with Mark Henry and Shemus were beating him down.
- He’s going to take back the World Title this Sunday.
Chavo comes to the ring with a mic.
- Chavo says he taught everything Sin Cara knows.
- He’s going to beat Daniel Bryan in under 5 minutes and he’s going to beat Sin Cara even faster at Over the Limit.
Daniel Bryan wrestles Chavo Guerrero to a 5 minute draw.
- There’s a five minute countdown clock in the corner.
- Nice brief moment of hammerlock chain wrestling by both men.
- Sick pin sequence with close pinfalls.
- Suicide Elbow by Bryan.
- Three Amigos Suplexes by Chavo.
- Chavo hits the splash with 9 seconds left but Bryan kicks out as time runs out.
- Chavo is pissed and he stomps Bryan out of the ring. Poor sport!
- Sin Cara comes out with his new beer logo t-shirt.
- Sin Cara headscissors Chavo to the outside and they stare each other down.
~ I hope Daniel Bryan breaks out of the mid-card sooner or later. This was entertaining but I got the feeling that the WWE has put the breaks on Bryan’s upward mobility.
Cody Rhodes is in the ring with Ted Dibiase.
- Cody tells him to put the bag over his head.
- DiBiase and Cody diss Corpus Christi.
~ Probably Cody’s weakest promo in a long time. I blame it on Ted.
Ted DiBiase pins Trent Barretta
Barretta hits a very dope short arm enziguiri. Very nice.
DiBiase pulls off Dream Street and we’re done.
~ Crap. Cody’s career is now being used as a life boat for DiBiase’s career. I guess we won’t be seeing Cody win a major title this year if this keeps up. Trent wrestle brilliantly as always.
Great Khali pins Jey Uso
- Khali is killing Uso when Jinder Mahal comes down.
- He starts speaking in Punjabi and then slaps Khali again.
- Uso runs into a HUGE chop.
- Khali destroys Jey with the Punjabi Plunge the duke.
- Khali then chops the hell out of Jimmy Uso.
~ Jinder Mahal has definitely added a lot of interest to Khali. He reminds me of an Indian Alex Riley; great look, awesome mic skills but only average wrestling skills.
Randy Orton defeats Mark Henry via interference DQ
- Henry dominates early.
- Orton preps for the RKO but Sheamus comes in and double teams Orton with Henry.
- Christian walks out on stage and observes Orton getting beat down.
- Christian cleans house.
- Orton looks pissed.
- Sheamus and Henry attack again.
- Orton and Christian take them out again and then shake hands to end the show.
~ Decent match. I hope the WWE gives Mark Henry the push he deserves.
R.I.P. Macho Man!
*Pictures courtesy of wwe.com
TMZ is reporting the following…
TMZ spoke with Randy’s brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 9:25 AM … and lost control of his vehicle.
Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.
Savage was 58.
We here at Fighter Hayabusa are saddened by this news and offer our condolences to the friends, family and fans of the Macho Man Randy Savage.
Rest in Peace.