You can get a printer friendly CWC bracket here.
After a lot of debating, chairshots, and careful analysis, the fighterhayabusa.com writers seeded all of the CWC participants from 1 to 32. The biggest controversy is a product from the first round match up of Zack Sabre Jr. and Tyson Dux. Dux is seeded here a lowly #29, which is not indicative of his talent and years of wrestling experience.
1 Kota Ibushi
2 Zack Sabre Jr.
3 Akira Tozawa
4 TJ Perkins
5 Brian Kendrick
6 Gran Metalik
7 Rich Swann
8 Noam Dar
10 Lince Dorado
11 Tony Nese
13 Drew Gulak
14 Johnny Gargano
15 Cedric Alexander
16 Jack Gallagher
17 Tommaso Ciampa
18 Clement Petiot
19 H. Shira
20 Fabian Aichner
21 Anthony Bennet
22 Mustafa Ali
23 Damian Slater
24 Hoho Lun
25 Shira, G.
26 Alejandro Saez
27 Raul Mendoza
28 Jason Lee
29 Tyson Dux
30 Kenneth Johnson
31 Sean Maluta
32 Da Mack
Do you agree with the seeds? Let us know in the comments below!
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Mascara De Fuego: Brock. I’ve been on the fence about this match since Taker showed up at Battleground and nut shot Brock. The reason I’m not crazy about this was that Brock’s been a face since WrestleMania 31 and Taker has come off as a bitter defeated heel since returning. Now the only way I see this working itself out is that heel(ish) Undertaker loses AGAIN to Brock which hopefully in turn makes Taker look sympathetic while still keeping Brock face. This would then set up the next WrestleMania match where the sympathetic old veteran finally breast the unbeatable beast. You could even make it MORE interesting by having the WWE Title on Brock going into that match but I’m sure they will think it wont need it… but, Taker retiring as champion would be dope.
Great Puma: Brock. Undertaker has been taking the heel role of late, and I think the Tri-State crowd will cheer more for a Brock victory than a Taker one. I hate rumors, but I love the scenario of Sting interfering to set up the overdue Taker-Sting ‘mania match we’ve been waiting years for. Brock just had a successful appearance on ESPN. Taker is an icon but he’s nowhere near as relevant as Brock Lesnar is right now. A Taker win won’t do anything for either man’s career. It derails the momentum that Brock has gained since Wrestlemania and Taker would leave with a win and not be back with the roster until probably around the Royal Rumble. I actually have no idea how this match will play out but I certainly am intrigued.
Title vs. Title
WWE World Champion Seth Rollins vs. United States Champion John Cena
Great Puma: Seth Rollins. Nope. I cannot accept Cena tying Ric Flair’s record. Ain’t gonna happen here. It just can’t happen. I expect this to showcase IndyCena with Rollins looking strong. It will be interesting to see if Cena cashes in his receipt and goes for his own flying knee to Seth Rollins’ nose.
Mascara De Fuego: fucked finish. Neither one of these dudes are walking out with both titles, there is no way. Cena has a good thing with the US Title and Rollins still needs a longer run as WWE Champion. Besides, don’t even get me started with stupid ass Cena coming close to Ric Flair’s record… fuck that shit. Should be a good match, hopefully it will resemble more of what Cena did with Owen’s in regards to match quality.
Didn’t give a flying fuck about R-Truth vs. King Barrett. Seriously, enough of this shit.
I thought the same shit about Orton vs. Sheamus although St. Louis thought differently since Orton is from there. The RKO to Sheamus was anticlimatic. A bad “out of nowhere”.
The tag team title match between the Prime Time Players taking on The New Day was decent.
Surprised how much time Reigns and Wyatt got but I was kind of suprised at this match. It was good and it seemed the crowd was into it.
The diva’s triple threat with Charlotte, Sasha and Brie was good. Glad they kept Brie to a minimum in this one. I feared they would give her the match but luckily it was Flair who got the submission victory.
I thought the Cena and Owens match was match of the night for sure. I was more of a fan of the first match still. I think it would have made more sense to have Owens pinned and not tapped out if you were going to have him lose. Should have saved the tap out. Interesting choice not to put the title on Owens, believe it or not I’m ok with it soley for Open Challenge matches. What to do with Owens now though..?
Brock vs. Rollins was going pretty well until they did the Undertaker spot… Yeah, the crowd loved it but 1-You just turned Brock heel (no one is booing Taker) a waste when he had recently turned face. 2-Taker just comes off old and bitter for losing at Mania and if he is coming to the aid of his brother who’s been workinng for the Authority for a few years now doesn’t that make him guilty by proxy? 3-Brock losing to Taker at SummerSlam does NOTHING for Brock who should be kept strong. Personally, I hated this. Lame ending, she show was cut off 15 minutes short. The match barely got any legs before this shit.
Overall an ok show with another good Cena/Owens match.
Mascara De Fuego – FighterHayabusa.com
– Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman started the show. A little odd to see Heyman do face-promos although its basically the same thing. Crowd wasn’t too crazy about him bringing up Brock breaking the streak. Decent promo to open the show.
– Didn’t want Big Show vs. Ryback. Miz was on commentary and looked like he got involved.
– Didn’t want Paige vs. Brie Bella with he sister and adopted sister.
– Definitely did NOT watch Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus. Fucking can not watch a Sheamus match in 2015. His “are you not entertained” line makes me insane. Bray caused the count out… sigh. Orton came out after and RKO’d Sheamus… Looking forward to this match even LESS.
– Hunter convinces Seth Rollins to call out Brock tonight.
– Rusev and Summer cut a promo on Ziggler and Lana before they came out. Long story short, Rusev isn’t injured anymore and beats the shit out of Ziggler. Lana took some bumps via Summer. Felt like a looong segment. Is this feud over yet..?
– Bo Dallas and Dean Ambrose was short but got dueling chants. Ambrose with the dirty deeds for the pin. They need to stop sleeping on this dude.
– Fuck no I did not watch Barrett vs. R-Truth… fucking stop this.
– Rollins is out for this call out of Brock. J&J pull into the arena with this car Rollins gave them. Brock comes out but instead of going to the ring where these three were wielding axe handles, he takes 2 axes to the J&J Cadillac. He beat the shit out of this car. Brock ripped off one of the doors and threw it like 50 feet, part of it went into the crowd! It was nuts!!! It did look like it hit a fan, crap! Brock then took out Noble and “broke” his arm. Mercury took a suplex onto the hood of the car. After that Brock headed to the ring at Rollins and he got the fuck out of dodge and ran through the crowd. Brock then stood on the car posing to end the segment. Damn, this was bonkers.
– New Day took on the Lucha Dragons. Prime Time were on commentary where Titus took over the whole thing. It was a bit much… This was a pretty good match, notably Big E and Kalisto.
– John Cena had another open challenge for the US Title. At first he got Kevin Owens hot off of losing the NXT Title. Cesaro showed up pissed about last week and kicks Owens out of this match and takes his place. This match was stellar! I hate to say it but Cena might have won over Chicago during this match… it didn’t start out that way. Cesaro came off like a star out of this one even in the loss. The only bad thing about this match was Cena’s springboard stunner… its just bad, stop it. After the match Owens tried to powerbomb Cena but he got out and AA’d him to end the show strong for Cena.
-Why am I doing this live and not tomorrow with the HULU Edition…!?